Ocean Currents 1/25/23
Congratulations to Jacob Cohen
Our congratulations to Jacob Cohen, who did a great job with his Master's presentation on January 19th!
Anna Finch's 2021 Hollings Internship
Anna Finch is a NOAA Hollings scholar and a senior in oceanography and biochemistry at the University of Washington. She also works in Dr. Anitra Ingalls' lab. Go here to read about Anna's experience at the Institute for Marine Remote Sensing at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, where she worked on a project investigating seasonal variations in the phytoplankton community in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. The application deadline for the next round of NOAA Hollings Scholarships is Tuesday, January 31.
Find us on Instagram
The School, both of our vessels, and the Student Oceanographic Society all have a presence on Instagram. Check us out:
• R/V Thompson – https://www.instagram.com/rvthomasgthompson/
• R/V Carson – https://www.instagram.com/rvrachelcarsonuw/
• School of Oceanography – https://www.instagram.com/uwoceanography/
• SOS – https://www.instagram.com/sos_uw/
• College of the Environment – https://www.instagram.com/uwenvironment/
Ocean Currents is a weekly bulletin of news and upcoming events for the UW School of Oceanography. If you have news or stories to contribute, please contact Su Tipple.