Quarantine Travel Reimbursements
Travel expenses UW will reimburse related to COVID-19 mandatory isolation:
• Lodging for 14 nights after arriving at the point of embarkation
• Meal per diem for 14 days
• Transportation to and from COVID testing
Who makes the lodging reservations?
• All travelers, whether UW employees or not, are responsible for initially arranging and paying for their own isolation lodging.
• Lodging per diem rates for upcoming RV Thompson ports are listed below. UW will reimburse up to the allowable lodging per diem for this combo “daily rate,” plus whatever tax you were charged (tax is not limited).
• If you use an Airbnb or VRBO or similar, what constitutes the “daily rate” for reimbursement purposes is the nightly rental + cleaning fee + service fee—in short, everything except the tax—added together and divided by the number of nights in your stay.
How does travel reimbursement work?
Travel expenses for non-UW personnel are typically reimbursed via check mailed to your home address, although wire transfers are allowed for foreign participants who do not have a US bank account.
What you need to submit:
• your home mailing address for the reimbursement check (we are limited to 2 lines plus the city/state/zip line so we use home addresses as institutional ones are generally too long)
• a wire form filled out with your banking information if you do not have a US bank account. Su can send you a wire form upon request.
• for non-US citizens, a scan of your passport (and visa, if applicable, with the type clearly visible)
• a scan or photo of your receipts
• lodging receipts must show the dates and location of lodging, itemized detail of the various fees and taxes that were paid and the total payment amount
• ground transportation to and from COVID testing. These can just be listed by date and amount; no receipts are needed for rides under $75
Send your information and receipts to Su Tipple and she will process your reimbursement in our online system. Within usually about a week after you submit your receipts UW Payables will process a check and mail it to your home address. (Wires can take up to twice this long to be initiated by the UW's Wire Desk.)
|Per diem rates for upcoming TGT ports|
|San Diego||10/1 - 1/31||71||161|
|2/1 - 7/31||71||181|
|8/1 - 9/30||71||161|
|Port Everglades||1/1 - 4/30||66||204|
|(Fort Lauderdale)||5/1 - 9/30||66||123|
|10/1 - 12/31||66||151|
|Falmouth/||9/1 - 4/30||71||134|
|Woods Hole||5/1 - 6/30||71||171|
|7/1 - 8/31||71||273|
|Barnstable Co./||10/1 - 6/30||71||114|
|Cape Cod (alt.)||7/1 - 8/31||71||197|
|9/1 - 9/30||71||114|
|Boston (alt.)||11/1 - 2/28||71||189|
|3/1 - 6/30||71||281|
|7/1 - 8/31||71||264|
|9/1 - 9/30||71||309|
|10/1 - 10/31||71||309|
|St Thomas, USVI||12/16 - 4/14||95||339|
|4/15 - 12/15||95||249|
|Gulfport (CONUS)||all year||55||96|