Southampton Exchange Program Application
Applications due in February.
The School of Oceanography is pleased to announce the availability of 1 to 3 undergraduate exchange program slots. You must have junior standing by Autumn Quarter the academic year you plan to study abroad.
Selected students will spend one year in Southampton, England at the University of Southampton, School of Ocean and Earth Science. Students will be matriculated at the UW and will pay tuition here. Students are responsible for travel and living expenses. Students receiving financial aid should contact the UW Financial Aid Office regarding extra expenses that may be incurred by the exchange program. The Selection Committee will announce the winner(s) in mid February.
-- Brendan Philip (Class of 2015)
How to Apply
Please submit one packet containing the following:
- A completed School of Oceanography UW/SOES Undergraduate Exchange Program Application form
- A one-to-two page personal statement; please write a statement indication your background and qualifications for study and living abroad, your reasons for choosing this program, and the projected benefits of this experience to your course of study and long-term plans. Include any other information you feel is relevant to your application.
- Two letters of recommendation from UW faculty or instructors familiar with your academic work.
- A copy of your unofficial UW undergraduate transcript (available on MyUW)
- Copies of other college-level transcripts (if appropriate).
Materials may be turned in either to the Oceanography Student Services Coordinator, faxed to the phone number listed below, or sent to (postmark by deadline):
Exchange Program Selection Committee
c/o Student Services Coordinator
108 Ocean Teaching Bldg.
School of Oceanography
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7940
Questions? Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (206) 543-5039
FAX: (206) 543-6073