Membership in this professional society is opening numerous opportunities in my academic career, Jake Dossett.
The student chapter of the Marine Technology Society is a University wide organization serving the UW_Seattle, UW_Tacoma and UW_Bothell campus where Student, faculty, and staff interested in all aspects of ocean science and technology gather to advance student opportunities in observational ocean science.
UW_MTS membership provides
- networking with industry professionals
- recieve the peer-reviewed MTS journal which publishes student-authored papers
- discounts on registration to MTS-sponsored conferences and workshops
- career services on the web with resume posting and job listings
- coordination with the Ocean Technology Program
- engagement with ERIS (Exploration and Remote Instrumentation by Students) Observatory
- outreach programs directed towards STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
UW_MTS is the community of students, engineers, technologists, policy-makers, and student educators.
Our mission is to:
- Facilitate a broader understanding of the relevance of marine technology to wider global issues by enhancing the dissemination of marine technology information
- Promote and improve marine technology and related educational programs
- Advance the development of the tools and procedures required to explore, study and further the responsible and sustainable use of the oceans.
UW_MTS’s long-range vision:
To be the student advocates for marine technology and resources through promoting member success in their academic career.